Plano, TX 75024
|Human Resources Manager with PHR and MBA|
|PROFILE||Human Resources professional with broad-based generalist experience and PHR certification. Education includes an MBA with a concentration in Human Resources Management from a top 20 business school. Background in both the large, corporate environment and the small, start-up environment. Experience in the Information Technology, Professional Services, Telecommunications, Internet/E-commerce, and Advertising/Marketing industries. Areas of professional experience include:|
|TARGET JOB||Desired Job Type:||Employee, Contract|
|Site Location:||No Preference|
|Description of my perfect job:
Participate in and oversee the day-to-day delivery of the HR function while also developing the strategic HR approach for the organization.
|Date of Availability:||Immediately|
|WORK STATUS||US||I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.|
|EXPERIENCE||11/2000 - 5/2001||imc2 (Internet Marketing and Creative Concepts)||Dallas, TX|
|* Provided primary HR support to an organization of 120 employees including technical, business, and creative disciplines. Supported both employees' and management's needs. Responsible for activities including HRIS administration, employee relations, job description development, HR reporting, employee communication, and policy administration.
* Represented HR as a member of the Dallas office senior management team and participated in executive level meetings to discuss issues such as salary guidelines, bonus plans, and workforce reductions.
* Provided expertise and guidance in the creation of a new performance management process to incorporate performance reviews and career development into one systematic approach.
* Developed and implemented a salary planning process for 2001 which provided the Managing Director with a long-term view of salary expenses. Process was adopted by the executive team for implementation throughout the remainder of the company.
* Created and implemented a peer recognition program designed to increase the effectiveness of teamwork across functional areas and geographies.
* Acted as a key member of the task force assembled to foster the company's culture. The task force was responsible for finding innovative, cost effective ways to increase employee morale and maintain a sense of community.
* Coordinated internal training opportunities aimed at sharing knowledge across disciplines to create a stronger understanding of the industry and clients.
|6/1998 - 11/2000||EDS||Plano, TX|
|Human Resources Specialist/Generalist|
|1/2000-11/2000, Southwest HR Delivery
* Managed the human resources support for a business unit of over 11,000 employees located throughout the United States. Responsible for coordinating HR activities with regional/field HR. Activities included performance management, compensation analysis, and employee relations.
* Responsible for the successful completion of a job code review for 1,300 employees including developing a project plan, preparing all communications, reviewing completed job summary questionnaires, determining job codes, and working with various organization to upload accurate job codes into the HRIS. Successful completion of the review ensured that the employees were accurately job coded within the guidelines of the FLSA and fairly compensated.
6/1998-12/1999, Technical Infrastructure Group
* Provided human resources support to a business unit of over 10,000 employees worldwide. Functioned as primary backup for organization's HR manager to ensure consistent HR delivery to the organization. Activities included employee relations, compensation, FMLA administration, staffing, succession planning, Department of Labor audits, and workforce reductions.
* Represented business unit on a communications team responsible for developing and delivering communications to over 20,000 employees. Responsibilities included facilitating focus groups aimed at diagnosing internal communications issues for the organization.
* Developed and successfully piloted a business unit's rating and ranking process aimed at aligning compensation to performance.
* Created the Leader's Guide to Employee Retention on behalf of Corporate Human Resources that was distributed to top leaders and Human Resources Managers corporate-wide.
|1/1998 - 5/1998||Texas Association of Homes and Services for the Aging||Austin, TX|
|Human Resources Consultant|
|* Participated on a human resources consulting team tasked with determining the core competencies of key positions using published research, surveys, and personal interviews. Presented the results of the study to the Human Resources Board which provided them with the information needed to more effectively
recruit for key positions and to develop appropriate retention plans to reduce
|5/1997 - 8/1997||GTE Supply||Irving, TX|
|Human Resources Intern - Management Staffing|
|* Prescreened applicants by evaluating their applications in order to match their skill-sets to available job opportunities.
* Assessed applicants' skills by performing structured interviews.
* Aided in recruiting efforts through career fairs.
* Researched and designed a new development program involving cooperation with test developers, technical experts, and labor relations representatives. The development program provided a new resource for high demand skills that are scarce in the labor market.
* Generated salary offers for exempt and non-exempt positions including internal promotions and external hires using corporate guidelines.
* Acted as the liaison between GTE Corporate and GTE Supply for the Summer Internship Program representing 20 collegiate GTE Supply interns.
|1/1997 - 5/1997||Humetrics, Inc.||Austin, TX|
|Human Resources Researcher|
|* Gathered and analyzed information on the average cost of a "bad hire" using focus group, surveys, and interviews. Results provided clients with a means to assess their own turnover costs and ideas to reduce those costs.|
|10/1995 - 12/1996||GTECH Corporation||Austin, TX|
|Human Resources Assistant|
|* Authored training manual for HR department reducing training time for new HR employees by 50%.
* Streamlined the benefits administration process.
* Trained and supervised new employees.
* Facilitated orientation program for new employees.
* Coordinated training sessions for employees statewide.
* Updated employee information using HRIS.
* Created internal and external job postings.
* Assisted in research for legal proceedings.
* Interpreted marketing data for restructuring of incentive program.
|2/1992 - 6/1995||Innocence, Inc.||Cambridge, MA|
|Fan Club Administrator|
|* Tripled fan club membership and greatly increased repeat merchandise orders.
* Created and designed promotional newsletters.
* Coordinated and maintained fan database with regular bulk mailings to over 3500 fans.
* Performed club's basic financial duties using various spreadsheet applications.
|EDUCATION||5/1998||The University of Texas at Austin||US-TX-Austin|
|Master of Business Administration
Concentration in Human Resources Management, Overall GPA 3.9/4.0
* Recipient of the Victor Arnold Scholarship Award in the 1997 Marketing Challenge
* Received the Dean's Award and the Sord Scholar Award upon graduation
* Member of Graduate Human Resources Management Association
|Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Mathematics
Minor in Business Administration
Major GPA 3.7/4.0, Magna Cum Laude
* Omicron Delta Epsilon, Economics Honor Society
* Student Activities Programming Council
|AFFILIATIONS||11/1998 - Present||Dallas Human Resources Management Association||member|
|3/1997 - Present||Society for Human Resources Management||member|
|SKILLS||Skill Name||Skill Level||Last Used||Experience|
|Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access)||Intermediate||Currently used||7 years|
|Microsoft Project||Beginner||Currently used||2 years|
|Microsoft Outlook||Intermediate||Currently used||3 years|
|Microsoft Internet Explorer||Intermediate||Currently used||6 years|
|Netscape||Intermediate||Currently used||5 years|
|Macintosh and PC Hardware||Intermediate||Currently used||10 years|
|ADDITIONAL INFORMATION||* Passed Professional in Human Resources (PHR) exam, May 1999
* Obtained IAML Certificate in Employee Relations Law, July 2000